Student “Volunteen” Program
The Volunteen program offers teens (14-18) who may be interested in pursuing a career in healthcare an opportunity to experience the healthcare setting. We open up the Volunteen program to participants for our summer program and our school-year program. If you are interested in applying for the Summer Volunteen program, the next application process starts in March 2017.
Please email a 25-50 word statement on why you want to join the Westside Volunteen program to email@example.com. Once that is received you will be sent a Volunteen Application Packet.
Please note that the application process for the Volunteen program includes the following:
- A 25-50 word statement on why the student wants to volunteer at WRMC.
- Volunteer application (will be emailed to students after the statement is received. It must be completed and returned to the volunteer office by March 31, 2019. That packet contains:
- Volunteen application
- Parental consent form
- School recommendation
- Copy of Immunization Record. The Record must include evidence of Hepatitis Vaccines and Tuberculin Test (if done in the 6 months) or BCG (if born in a foreign country).
- Completion of Interview Guide before coming to interview
- Once the completed packet is returned (deadline is March 31, 2017) you and your parent/guardian will be scheduled for an interview with the program director during the week of April 16, 2017.
- If you are selected for the program you will need to attend a Mandatory Volunteen Orientation on June 12, 2017.
- Successful completion of a written examination based on information received in the two and half hour student/volunteer orientation.