Adult Volunteer Auxiliary
Westside's Auxiliary is looking for dedicated volunteers!
Your time, talent and special touch are greatly needed. In return, enjoy new friendships and a great deal of personal satisfaction. Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas, 8:00am - 8:00pm seven days a week. The Auxiliary team works closely with each new volunteer to find an assignment that matches his or her interests, skills, and motivation.
If you are available for 4-hour shifts, one or several times a week, and would like to volunteer for a worthwhile cause, we need you! You must over age 18 and be able to commit to a minimum of one year of service.
- Background Check (provided by hospital)
- Written Application
- Interview with Volunteer Director
- PPD Tuberculin Skin Test (provided by hospital)
- Flu Vaccine(mandatory from November 1, 2019-March 31, 2020). Provide documentation of vaccine given(vaccine needs to have been given anytime from August 2019-time of orientation)
- Attend Hospital Orientation
- Purchase of Uniform
For more information please call Liz Gassew, Director of Volunteer Services at (954) 476-3994.
Student "Volunteen" Program – Next Session TBD
The Volunteen program offers teens (14-18) who may be interested in pursuing a career in healthcare an opportunity to experience the healthcare setting. We open up the Volunteen program to participants for our summer program in June and our school-year program in September/October. A maximum of 50 students will be accepted in to program.
If you have any questions, please email Liz.Gassew@HCAHealthcare.com