Adult Volunteer Auxiliary
Westside's Auxiliary is looking for dedicated volunteers!
Your time, talent and special touch are greatly needed. In return, enjoy new friendships and a great deal of personal satisfaction. Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas, 8:00am - 8:00pm seven days a week. The Auxiliary team works closely with each new volunteer to find an assignment that matches his or her interests, skills, and motivation.
If you are available for 4-hour shifts, one or several times a week, and would like to volunteer for a worthwhile cause, we need you! You must over age 18 and be able to commit to a minimum of one year of service.
- Background Check (provided by hospital)
- Written Application
- Interview with Volunteer Director
- PPD Tuberculin Skin Test (provided by hospital)
- Attend Hospital Orientation - Saturday, September 15th from 9:00am - noon
- Purchase of Uniform
For more information please call Liz Gassew, Director of Volunteer Services at (954) 476-3994.
Student "Volunteen" Program – Next Session Starts June 2019
The Volunteen program offers teens (14-18) who may be interested in pursuing a career in healthcare an opportunity to experience the healthcare setting. We open up the Volunteen program to participants for our summer program in June and our school-year program in September.
New Volunteen Applicants
Please note that the application process for the Volunteen program includes the following:
- A 25-50 word statement on why the student wants to volunteer at
- Email a 25-50 word statement on why you want to join the Westside Volunteen program to email@example.com.
- Once that is received, you will be sent a Volunteen Application Packet. The packets are due back by Friday, May 3, 2019.
- The volunteer application will be emailed to students after the statement is received. It must be completed and returned by Friday, May 3, 2019.
- The packet contains:
- Volunteen application
- Parental consent form
- School recommendation form
- Background check form
- Request for a copy of Immunization Record.
- The Record must include evidence of Hepatitis Vaccines and Tuberculin Test (TB SKIN TEST) done within the 6 months or BCG (if born in a foreign country).
- You must attend a Mandatory Volunteen Orientation on Saturday, May 18th from 9am - noon. This is mandatory. No exceptions.
- Program slots are limited! Orientation is mandatory. Late applications will not be accepted
- You will need to purchase a volunteen polo shirt for $15 at the orientation. Cash or check only.
If you have any questions, please email Jenny Mackie.
Returning Summer 2019 Volunteens
- If you are a returning volunteer please email Jenny Mackie with this subject line - "YOUR NAME / Returning Volunteen / Summer 2019 Program"
- In the body of your email please include:
- the last time you volunteered at the hospital
- The last time you had your TB done.
- Days/times you want to volunteer during the summer
- best phone # to reach you
- The deadline to submit this "renewal email" is May 3, 2019.
- If you have not volunteered in the last year, you will need to attend orientation on Saturday, May 18th from 9am - noon. Orientation and TB tests must be done annually.