Before procedure: instructions for patients requiring covid-19 testing
Applies to procedures scheduled during COVID-19
The safety and security of our patients is our highest priority. We value the trust you are placing in us to provide you with a safe environment in which to have your procedure. To keep you and others safe, please read and follow these instructions as you prepare for the procedure.
Facility pre-admission testing (PAT) entrance
Please come to the main entrance. We are scheduling drive-by COVID-19 testing where you will call PAT/Registration ((954) 476-3907) at the time of arrival. A scheduled appointment will be given for 48 hours in advance. For your safety and the safety of others, you will be screened prior to entry into the hospital. Visitors should bring their own mask.
Quarantine and safety prior to procedure
Please carefully follow these instructions before your testing and procedure
- Have all your grocery shopping done, medications picked up, etc., prior to your COVID-19 test so you won't need to go out again.
- After your COVID-19 test, stay home (self-quarantine) until you arrive for your procedure to avoid exposure.
- Quarantine includes no visitors to the home, no grocery shopping, no social activities outdoors, no church activities, etc. Quarantine also applies to your support person and anyone who will be driving you to and from the hospital.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often for 20 seconds and avoid touching your face.
- You can expect a call the day before your testing appointment and the day before your surgery to review details and answer your questions. Please make sure to connect with the nurse.
Safety the day of your visit
Our visitor policy and how we communicate with family:
- Wear a mask to and from your PAT appointment/procedure/surgery. You will be given a replacement mask while you are receiving care; your personal mask can be stored.
- One (1) visitor is allowed during your surgery or procedure. The visitor will be screened and will be required to arrive with a mask. Otherwise, one will be provided upon entry with screening questions. Visitors will be asked to keep socially distanced while waiting.
- Please be ready to provide us your support person's phone number for communication so we can call/text your progress throughout your stay if needed. We will also call your support person for transportation when you are ready.
Call your doctor immediately if you have:
- Fever greater than 100.4
- Exposure to a COVID+ Person *OR*
- Coughing or shortness of breath
Additional ways we are keeping you safe
- Screening processes are in place for all patients, visitors and clinicians before entering the facility.
- Each care facility has a separate location for COVID-19 positive patients and those who are under investigation. These patients are masked and escorted to designated locations.
- Universal masking is required throughout our facility, which exceeds CDC guidelines.
- Heightened infection prevention policies have been instituted, including the removal of high-touch items such as magazines, toys and vending machines from our facility.
- Food and drinks are prohibited in clinical units to prevent the spread of illness.
- Non-COVID-19 patients, as well as those receiving outpatient care, or patients with scheduled procedures, are treated in separate areas and assigned caregivers who are not concurrently caring for COVID-19 positive patients.
- Updated visitor policies, including limitations, which have been in place for the duration of the pandemic, remain in place across our facility.