The East Florida Consortium's General Surgery Residency Program is committed to providing an enriching education and clinical curriculum to prepare general surgery residents in becoming outstanding clinicians. The program is designed to expose residents to a variety of experiences through training while ensuring that they develop the appropriate clinical skills and knowledge to practice General Surgery. The program is dedicated to educating residents in providing quality, relationship-based care through collaboration, compassion, integrity, safety and accountability.
Educational activities schedule
- Weekly Conference Didactics
- Monthly Grand Rounds
- Monthly Journal Club
- Quarterly Research Conference/Update on Resident Projects
- Surgical Skills/Simulation Lab Sessions
- Monthly Tumor Board
Our program offers exposure to general and specialty surgical practices in academic and private settings. We have incorporated training in specific areas such as Burn, Plastics, Trauma and Surgical Critical Care. Other learning activities include ABSITE Review and Mass Casualty Drills & Disaster Management Training.
- SCORE Curriculum
- FLS & FES Curriculum
- Surgical Skills and Simulation Lab Curriculum
- Library and database access through affiliated institutions
- Sophisticated data repository of over 30 million patient encounters each year
Our program monitors and tracks each of the following areas:
- Resident Performance
- Post Rotation Eval by a Resident
- Faculty Teaching Skills
- Faculty Development
- Graduate Performance
- Program Quality
Feedback is very important and will be provided to each resident so that they are aware of their progression throughout the training experience.