For more information about our program, please contact Nadia Abouhana, program coordinator.
How to apply
Welcome from our Program Director
Founded in 1974, Westside Regional Medical Center has evolved into a 296-bed medical center and healthcare complex continuously striving to provide the highest care for the residents of Broward County.
Garnering CPME and ACFAS accreditations, as well as rich interaction with the local residency programs, this fellowship provides rich diversity and opportunity for personal and educational growth as a young physician.
The Westside Regional Medical Center Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Fellowship program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
- The fellow has the ability to participate in a wide variety of cases. These cases will range from forefoot reconstruction, rearfoot reconstruction, trauma, sports medicine, wound care, and elective cases. If interested, there will be cases that involve various applied biologics.
- There is time for office/clinic work on a weekly basis.
- Research is mandatory.
- The fellow is required to produce at least one manuscript for publication in foot and ankle care publications.
- The fellow is encouraged to participate in resident lead research and case presentations contiguous with the Westside Regional Medical Center podiatric residency.
- The fellow will be responsible for following the regulations set forth in the fellowship manual.
- The fellow is encouraged to participate in national and state-level conferences, exhibiting completed research and providing educational lectures. These may include:
- ACFAS National Conference
- Florida SAM conference
- Westside Regional Medical Center Symposium
- Available Fellow advanced training courses
Get to Know the Team
Warren Windram, DPM Program Director
Stipend: $58,282 plus benefits
Frequently Asked Questions about our Internal Medicine Residency Program
Osman Perez, DO graduated in 2018 and is currently a Pulmonary Critical Care Fellow at Tulane University.
Romina Bromberg, MD graduated in 2018 and is currently an Infectious Disease Fellow at UCONN.
Kairavee Dave, MD graduated in 2017 and is currently a Gastroenterology Fellow at Aventura Hospital.
Binna Chokshi, MD graduated in 2018 and is currently a Cardiology Fellow at UNLV.
The remainder of our graduates are practicing as hospitalists in other states.