Founded in 1974, Westside Regional Medical Center has evolved into a 296-bed medical center and healthcare complex continuously striving to provide the highest care for the residents of Broward County. Garnering CPME and ACFAS accreditations, as well as rich interaction with the local residency programs, this fellowship provides rich diversity and opportunity for personal and educational growth as a young physician.
The fellow will have the ability to participate in a wide variety of cases. These cases will range from forefoot reconstruction, rearfoot reconstruction, trauma, wound care, and elective cases. There will be time for office/clinic work on a weekly basis. Research time will as well be mandatory, at least one manuscript will be published to a national journal by the fellow. This is a well-rounded program that will improve and build on the fellow's current surgical and clinical skills adding a sense of completeness to their total education. Graduates will enter private practice with full confidence in all aspects of podiatric medicine and surgery.
HCA Healthcare Graduate Medical Education is proud to support the Westside Regional Medical Center Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Fellowship. Our goal is to provide unparalleled exposure and training to the next generation of foot and ankle surgeons through a wide breadth of clinical and surgical encounters. The fellowship program not only gives you access to our first-class training facility and faculty but also to the broader network of HCA Healthcare hospitals and physicians.
Warren Windram, DPM, FACFAS
The Reconstructive Foot & Ankle Fellowship program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
List of leadership and faculty
Program Director: Warren Windram, DPM, FACFAS
Dr. Warren Windram has been practicing and actively working with residents for over 25 years. He has been the director of the South Florida Foot and Ankle Fellowship since 2015 and currently practices in a multispecialty practice managing complex lower extremity cases in the outpatient, inpatient, and clinical settings.
- Arthur Segall, DPM, FACFAS
- Robert Mills, MD
- Christopher Pappas, DPM
- Alberto Herrada, DPM, FACFAS
- Steven Spinner, DPM, FACFAS
- Frederic Chussid, DPM, FACFAS
- Madelin Ramil, DPM, FACFAS
- Amanda Allen, DPM, FACFAS
- Julie Schottenstein, DPM
- Marie Williams, DPM, FACFAS
- Jean Holewinski, DPM
- Daniel Bell, DPM, FACFAS
- Clive Woods, MD
Curriculum and rotation schedule
- The fellow has the ability to participate in a wide variety of cases. These cases will range from forefoot reconstruction, rearfoot reconstruction, trauma, sports medicine, wound care, and elective cases. If interested, there will be cases that involve various applied biologics.
- There is time for office/clinic work on a weekly basis.
- Research is mandatory.
- The fellow is required to produce at least one manuscript for publication in foot and ankle care.
- The fellow is encouraged to participate in resident lead research and case presentations contiguous with the Westside Regional Medical Center podiatric residency.
- The fellow will be responsible for following the regulations set forth in the fellowship manual.
- The fellow is encouraged to participate in national and state-level conferences, exhibiting completed research and providing educational lectures. These may include:
- ACFAS National Conference
- Florida SAM conference
- Westside Regional Medical Center Symposium
- Available Fellow advanced training courses
Salary and benefits
Stipend: $58,282 plus benefits.