Rehabilitation services in Plantation, Florida
Our goal at Westside Regional Medical Center is to get you back to your life following an injury, illness or medical procedure. Our experienced physical therapy team develops tailored rehabilitation plans to help you recover function and mobility and regain your independence.
Our licensed therapists are dedicated to providing one-on-one, compassionate care with a focus on your specific rehabilitative needs and goals.
To learn more about our physical therapy and rehabilitation services, call our Consult-A-Nurse® line 24/7 at (954) 370-5585.
Inpatient physical therapy services
At Westside Regional, our physical therapists are committed to helping restore your maximum abilities by providing unmatched evaluation and customized treatment planning. We offer comprehensive inpatient physical therapy in a relaxed and friendly environment pertaining to:
- Orthopedic and sports injuries
- Neurological and neurosurgical rehabilitation
- Cancer rehabilitation
- General stretching and strengthening
- Stroke rehabilitation
Our comprehensive inpatient physical therapy program offers:
- Cutting-edge therapy programs with "hands-on" approach: Our licensed and experienced physical therapists use soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization and various connective tissue techniques for rehabilitation treatment.
- Updated equipment and the latest techniques: You benefit from a hospital-based therapy or exercise program, which uses the best in fitness equipment and training with a focus on your unique personal needs and goals.
- One-on-one treatment plans: We offer individualized assessments, training, therapeutic interventions and performance enhancement programs.
- Therapeutic intervention methods from licensed therapists: Our therapists are licensed in a variety of rehabilitation practices, including specialty rehabilitation programs, general re-strengthening programs and injury recovery.
Inpatient speech therapy
Westside Regional offers a range of specialized rehabilitative services for patients with:
- Swallowing challenges (also called dysphagia)
- Speech and/or voice difficulties
- Language impairment (also called aphasia)
Often, patients benefit from swallowing therapy following treatment for stroke, and our trained speech pathologists guide patients along a path of recovery using specific therapeutic intervention techniques. Our inpatient therapy team creates the most effective rehabilitation plan for you using methods, such as speech pathology exercise programs and modified video fluoroscopy, which is a radiology exam of the swallowing function that uses a special video X-ray called fluoroscopy.
Pelvic floor therapy
At Westside Regional, we understand how issues related to pelvic floor dysfunction or pain can lead to major difficulties in life, and we are here to help you minimize and eliminate these pelvic health obstacles.
Our outpatient pelvic floor rehabilitation services help treat a wide variety of conditions in men and women, including pelvic pain, postpartum issues, urological/colorectal disorders and incontinence.
Pelvic floor conditions we treat
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Urinary urgency and frequency
- Urinary retention
- Pelvic pain
- Painful intercourse
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Postpartum back spasm/pain
Types of pelvic floor therapy
Our specialists employ a range of treatment techniques during pelvic floor therapy, including:
- Bladder retraining
- Manual therapy
- Myofascial release
- Muscle relaxation and diaphragmatic breathing techniques
- Modalities including electrical stimulation and biofeedback
- Therapeutic exercises
- Pelvic floor muscle training
Goals of pelvic floor muscle training:
- Engage levator ani (the broad, thin muscle on either side of the pelvis) and promote relaxation
- Self-manage urinary incontinence, urgency or frequency
- Reduce muscle resting tone
- Develop pelvic organ support
- Decrease pain with urination and/or intercourse
- Advance pelvic floor bracing against intra-abdominal pressure
- Improve lumbar pelvic stabilization